Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Top 10 Songs

A few weeks ago I did a blog post that was a top 30 Disney songs post. Now I am doing the same thing but with my top songs of all time. And I'm only doing 10 instead of 30. Now it may seem like I am copying my other blog post with this one, which is perfectly fine because I'm allowed to do that, but it's actually the other way around. The top 30 Disney Songs came second. A while back I did a facebook status where I posted my top 10 most played songs on my iPod. With this I am taking that idea and refining it and improving it to be my top 10 favorite songs of all time. Now keep in mind that this is my personal opinion. In other words it is MY favorite songs of all time. For some reason people missed that idea when I posted my Disney Songs list. I got a lot of crap from people in saying that I was wrong. Well that's not possible. It was MY favorite songs. So just keep that in mind as you read this. This is just for fun. With this list you will get a bit of a taste of the type of music that I like. Enjoy! I'm counting down from 10 to 1.

#10- People Are People - Depeche Mode- 
As you will quickly find, electronic and techno music are amongst my favorite genres of music and Depeche Mode is one of the greatest electronic bands in my opinion. There are a lot of great Depeche Mode songs, but this one is easily my favorite. The sounds they make in this one are certainly epic and entertaining. What they do with the corresponding music video is also well played. This happens to be the only 80's song on this list, but there were several others that almost made it, so don't feel that I am anti 80's at all. People are People also has a great message that is in essence an anti racism song so that is classy.


#9- Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin-
Some might argue the choice of this specific song. I love the feel and style of Breaking Benjamin's music and I debated in my mind for several moments on whether to pick this one or So Cold, but in the end Dairy of Jane won out as my favorite Breaking Benjamin song and managed to crack my top 10 when I didn't initially think it would before I looked through my music. This song has a lot of emotion to it. You can feel the bitter anger in his tone and lyrics as he realizes that the girl he likes doesn't reciprocate the love. I think we have felt those feelings at one point in our life.



#8- Bring Me To Life - Evanescence- 
If you come to me and ask me who my favorite band is, the first thing I will do is tell you that there are a lot of bands that I like and its hard to pick just one. If you pursue the question and force me to pick one, Evanescence is my choice as is apparent with this being the first of two Evanescence songs. I really love Amy Lee's voice and style of music. This was my favorite song of hers for a while until I came across another one that topped it. You will see which one that is here in a bit.





#7- Blue (Da Ba Dee) - Eiffel 65-
Heck yes! If you didn't know me well enough to know that I am a huge Eiffel 65 fan, then its time you learn that I am. I loved this band since one of my old friends introduced them to me back in like 4th grade. Blue is the one song of theirs that everyone knows and edges out several others as my personal favorite. And once again, you see the theme occurring with me. Eiffel 65 is another electronic band. If you actually pay attention to the lyrics, this is a rather depressing song, but haven't we all felt that extremely lonely feeling where it seems no one cares or likes you?




#6- Viva La Vida - Coldplay-
This is my representation of Coldplay on this list. To be quite honest, I am not a huge Coldplay fan, but there are a few of their songs that just hit a chord with me and this is one of them. Now before I created this list, I didn't think this would be on there, but after coming across this on my iTunes, I just couldn't keep it off. It's just too catchy and awesome. The message of this is an interesting one as he is singing about how the mighty have fallen. Specifically you could say this is a song about Napolean as he is on the album cover, but it could apply to anyone really that has gone from being at the top to falling down to the very bottom.


#5- What I Want (Featuring Slash) - Daughtry-
I have really come to love Daughtry ever since he made his appearance on American Idol a few years back. He almost perfectly appeases the rocker part of me. This particular song is off of his debut album and for some reason never got big. It doesn't even have a music video for me to post here. I don't know why he never made it into one of his singles, because I think it could've been huge. But oh well, I bought the album and came to learn of this song and have reaped the rewards of that. Even if its not huge with everyone else, its huge with me. I think its the best song out of all three of his albums so far. And kudos to him for bringing in the Guns N' Roses guitarist to rock along with him.

#4- It's My Life - Bon Jovi-
Speaking of rockers, it has just been revealed to you who my favorite rocker of all time, the one and only John Bon Jovi! Now I know this isn't the Bon Jovi song that many people would've picked as his best one, but it is the one that I choose. I was introduced to this song when I was quite young and instantly fell in love with it. Its funny though, I knew Bon Jovi started his career in the 80's, but with this being my favorite Bon Jovi song, you would've thunk that I would've known that this song is actually fairly modern and not one of his older classics. Fail on my part. I didn't learn that until more recently.



#3- Sandstorm - Darude-
After seeing two electronic songs make my top 10, its about time the techno in me comes out. Everyone knows Sandstorm and if you don't think you do, then hit play real quick and you find that you have heard it as well. A lot of good techno songs have been written and I think that this one is the best techno song ever written. Darude really hit the jackpot when they released this song. Now in speaking of Darude, its quite sad that not many people know of their other songs that they have written, because they have some awesome songs besides this one. If you like techno, then you should go look them up. I'd recommend you start with my second favorite Darude song, My Game.

#2- You Are Loved (Don't Give Up) - Josh Groban-
First order of business, Blogger for some reason wouldn't let me upload the official video for this song, so I posted this nice slideshow here to look fancy, but I really recommend you ignore that one and instead follow this link: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU. That video is so awesome and sets quite the emotional scene for one of the best songs of all time. But anywho, Josh Groban is awesome. One of the most beautiful voices ever. I wish I had his singing voice. Now this specific song in addition to the powerful vocals has one of the best messages ever. If I am ever feeling down, this is the song I turn to. It's even made me cry a time or two when I'm by myself.

#1- My Immortal - Evanescence- 
This is the song you have been waiting for. I made the slight teaser that I had two Evanescence songs on this list when I mentioned the first one and I have decided to crown this song as my all time favorite song, which is fitting because I claim Evanescence as my favorite band when people force me to make that decision. My Immortal completely blew me away the first time I heard it. The emotion in this song is quite powerful and Amy Lee's vocals to go along with it makes this extremely beautiful. The specific emotion in this is her being rather devastated at the loss of one she loved, which is an emotion that most of us can relate to, realizing how hard it is to lose someone you love.

So there it is. It's rather hard to make a list like this, but I feel comfortable with my choices. And now you have gotten a sense of my style of music. If any of you are daring enough, I'd be interested to see your top 10 songs.

1 comment:

  1. quite a few of those are also some of my favorites!

    also, i liked your comment at the beginning:
    Now keep in mind that this is my personal opinion. In other words it is MY favorite songs of all time. For some reason people missed that idea when I posted my Disney Songs list. I got a lot of crap from people in saying that I was wrong. Well that's not possible. It was MY favorite songs.

    that is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete