Saturday, April 14, 2012

Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 - SNES

I don't know about you, but personally the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) was a decently big part of my childhood. It was the game system that I grew up on. I remember when I was five or six on Christmas Day walking in to the front room before I was supposed to and learning that Santa had given us a Super Nintendo. I was very excited. So excited that I ran into the kitchen where everyone else was beginning to gather around the table to eat breakfast and announcing to my family that we had a Super Nintendo. They were all annoyed that I had spoiled it to them (I was one of the younger ones), but I couldn't help myself. So growing up that was our gaming system. We never had a Sega, N64, Playstation, or anything else. Just that Super Nintendo. Now yes, we would eventually get a Gamecube and a Wii, but that wasn't until make later. So to this day, the Super Nintendo is probably my favorite gaming system because it brings back a lot of great memories and the games on it are just so fun in a classic and non-complex sort of way.

So what is the point of this you are asking? Well, one of my favorite games was Donkey Kong Country and recently I have gone back and played it again. On my laptop with a SNES emulator. So its not quite the same, but it is still way fun. After beating it again, I made the decision to record the end part of the game. So in answering the question of what is the purpose of this, the real point is to unveil my two new YouTube videos I have just unloaded of me doing just what I mentioned. Recording the end credits. Now you may find it silly or boring, but I actually enjoy watching the end credits of Donkey Kong Country. One, it is brings great feelings of accomplishment. Two, the classic SNES music is just great. And three, its more than just credits, there is also a parade of characters and a lecture from Cranky that makes it mildly entertaining. So here it is. The end credits of Donkey Kong Country. Maybe it will bring back great memories and feelings of nostalgia as you watch. Or maybe it will just give you something to make fun of me for. 'Adam, you really just recorded the end credits to a video game and put them up on your YouTube account? You are an idiot!' But anywho, the deed is done and I am sharing. :) Here it is:


Now you may recall that I did in fact say I had two videos to unveil. Yes, after beating Donkey Kong Country, I decided to take on Donkey Kong Country 2. The second game isn't quite as epic and classic to me as the first one, but it is still a fun game. Donkey himself is not a playable character, as the story line is that he's been captured and you have to save him, but Diddy and Dixie are both fun characters. Now the second game is also slightly more complex and more difficult. The end credits are also a lot more elaborate than the first as you will see. But like I said, the game is still fun! Here is the end credits video of it that I have posted:


So there we go. That will be a wrap for today. Yes, I am just promoting my videos with that and I am perfectly ok with that. While you are checking these out, you might as well my other YouTube videos. There is a total of 7 of them. My channel is alienator345.

No comments:

Post a Comment